Background

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Quilty Pleasures

Oh I walked out onto my porch tonight and smelled a skunk in the air. YES YES YES. I know that sounds weird but I love the smell of a skunk, well a hint of one anyway. (I don't like the smell if you run over one, yuck)  Most people get excited about seeing their first Robin but for me the true sign that spring is close is the smell of a skunk lol. HONESTLY.

Okay,  and I have to admit, I am an American Idol addict. Criminal Minds, Bones, and Army Wives too.
I love Zagnut candy bars and Reese's peanut butter eggs, seeing my son sleeping like a baby, still after 20 years.
Oh and my big quilty pleasure is shopping for fabric and wood. Is there anything better than the smell of lumber. I would never want to work in a place that sold it because I would get use to the smell and it wouldn't be as wonderful.  I walk into a fabric store and see all the beautiful patterns and colors and I want it all. So I buy a little bit of all the ones I love and can't leave without, lol. Of course I have way more of each than I will ever use. However I am giving it my best shot.
I am still always amazed and smile inside and out when I step back and look at something I have made. Whether it be a building, or something small that I can hold in the palm of my hand.  My kid hates it when I look at him and smile, him: " what are you smiling about?" Me: "Wow. I made that", Him: "what" Me: "you" lol. Him: "Geez mom"
I love rainy Sunday afternoons, or a blizzard, all tucked up inside the house, laying around, reading a book. I did it once and I really enjoyed it, I should do it again.
Thunderstorms. I love thunderstorms, weird I know.
I should delete this whole post, as I read back over it it makes me seem just a bit odd. I won't though because that is what blogging is all about. Sharing what we have in common and what makes us different. Or at least finding out we aren't so weird or different.
I hope you are all having a great week out there in blog land.
Kat

1 comment:

  1. Great post Kat.....not odd at all, interesting! Thanks for sharing...
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete