Background

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Additions to my game wall

For Christmas this year, I made all my friends and myself a Parchessi board and a tic tac toe board. I love all those old game boards.
Last week I was at the thrift store looking for redo-able junk. I found these game boards for 25 cents.

I thought they would work perfect with just a little sanding and antiquing.

Of course a little cutting as well. I love how they look and they aren't huge so they work perfect for where I wanted them.





Also they can come right off the wall to be played if we want. We do love playing games.

5 comments:

  1. You did a fantastic job on your gameboards! I really like them. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Have a great day!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome display Kathy. I am anxious to make some game boards, that is another on my "to do list". It just keeps growing!!
    Love that blanket crane too, did you make it?
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful display!
    I really like a display of game boards just something fun about it!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am working on a gameboard wall too!!!! I so love your Parcheesie board! It's wonderful!!! You wouldn't happen to need a shoo-fly to trade would you? ;) I love them... but I can never justify what they put on them in the magazines!

    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow-love the game boards - they are something I have been wanting to start collection/making.

    ReplyDelete