Background

Monday, April 4, 2011

What I learned yesterday

Well I learned that doing nothing is a lot more work than doing something. I got up early and thought oh I will get the laundry done and clean the laundry room. Done.
I cleaned the entry way and the kitchen. Vacuumed, dusted, cleaned the counters, etc.
Then I realized, hey this is suppose to be my do nothing day. So I sat on the sofa and grabbed my Ipod thinking I would read my book. Oh but maybe I should sew just a little bit on my quilt. Just a little won't hurt. Maybe I should paint those couple things in the basement. So I sewed and I painted. OOPS not suppose to be doing anything today.
Well forget that. I went to the bookstore to see if they had the new Create and Decorate to see Patti's feature but no luck. Picked up a few more groceries. Went to vacuum my truck. Yup still not doing "Nothing". 
Trying to sew Sunday morning but Mort had other ideas.

I got it done and it is all just scraps mostly. I love all the colors. Thinking I might do another one.

Mort guarding it again. Or waiting to nap on it.
I did finish my quilt though. So I guess a productive day is way easier than a do nothing day.
I hope you all had a great do nothing weekend.
Kat

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous quilt!!! Just love it! Don't feel bad, I don't even have a copy yet! I take it your a type A person or have a bit of A.D.D....or both...just sayin' :)
    patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh isn't that the way a do nothing day always turns out! Maybe we should go into everyday with a do nothing today plan...we just might get a little more done!! Have a great evening!
    ~Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt Kat....love it!!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it turned out to be a nice little quilt there! Not bad for doing nothing! LOL!
    There's always something to be done! It just never stops. I like Morts' idea though too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure are busy on your do nothing days. I need to have days like that!!

    ReplyDelete